Sunday, July 17, 2016

Mining in Minecraft

I have to confess that I've been getting way more enjoyment out of this game than I expected!  I'd been feeling guilty for spending hours exploring and reading tutorials, until a classmate admitted to doing the same.

I'm most excited by the mine I built, because it opens up into an immense cavern with plenty of lava and water for harvesting obsidian.


While exploring the cavern, I stumbled upon two immense waterfalls, lava fall and random lava pits, and an abandoned rail line.  I knew it was abandoned because of the broken tracks and plentiful cobwebs.






I discovered a chest inside of a mine cart yielding an enchanted book, a saddle, and some gold bars.

It was incredibly exhilarating to use ladders to scale tall walls and discover elevated nooks and crannies!





2 comments:

  1. JB42,
    Your blogs continue to be incredible. I am so impressed with the level of detail you put into your buildings and construction projects, and the amount of time that you have put into exploring. Putting color into your building floors is something that I will have to try out. I have not built down too far yet. I hope I find some cool underground passages when I start digging. I have also had a good time exploring Minecraft. The game does have a certain logic and addictive quality to it. I look forward to finding you online again and learning more about your adventures.

    -TottenhamFan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at my level of excitement when I stumble into an abandoned mineshaft. My imagination practically demands I work up a story as to why the mine was abandoned. So much fun exploring! ~Sally

    ReplyDelete