Monday, June 6, 2016

Fun with Prim Properties (Jokaydia Grid)

Today, I experimented with prim properties and figured out how to add script to a build.  The video below depicts a brief demonstration.


After receiving a script from a class assignment that allowed me to set a cube in motion, I decided to see what else I might be able to do with scripts.

To get started, I created a pyramidal prim and played around with its settings.   Under the "Object" tab, I select "Phantom."

The "Features" tab is where I made the most changes.  I'm not quite sure what all of these settings do, but playing around helped me to create a rubbery, wobbly shape that jiggles when moved.  It's not as sensitive as I want it to be yet, but it's a step in the right direction.



Next, I opened up a box of "Miscellaneous Handy Scripts" that I picked up at the Builder's Emporium.


After opening the box and copying the contents to my inventory, I dragged the "Touch Up-Down" script to the "Contents" folder of my prim. Clicking on the script, I was able to go in and edit the coordinates using the X, Y, and Z axes of my prim.


I dragged copies of my wobbly prim in a line  and adjusted the coordinates for each one, resulting in an interactive display that I find quite mesmerizing.  I haven't yet come up with an educational use for this particular creation, but I'm pondering it.

If you want to check it out, paste this link into your JG browser  |   hop://74.63.215.2:8002/Marlboro%20College/206/27/75



1 comment:

  1. Jill, Holy cow......Are you hooked on this virtual world stuff or what? You have done a ton over a very short period of time. I would say you are truly investigating, creating, and developing many scenarios of use for this medium. Keep having fun! Mike B.

    ReplyDelete