Monday, May 16, 2016

Creating My First Inworld Avatar (Jokaydia Grid)

I started this blog to document my experiences exploring online games and simulations, as part of Marlboro College's MAT616 course Games and Simulations.

Since I am completely new to online gaming, I was eager to start figuring out how jokaydiaGRID works, but not so eager that I immediately started snooping around in unfamiliar territory.  I spent the first half an hour tentatively standing around, exploring tabs and buttons, trying to figure out how to change my appearance.  I was able to change the color of the shirt I was wearing, but that was about it.

It wasn't until a few days later that I took my first tentative steps toward Scooter's Emporium, where I discovered that I could "buy" clothing and accessories for my avatar.  While there, I spotted a Doctor Who t-shirt that felt oddly comforting, so I "bought" it. Once I figured that out, I felt more comfortable experimenting.

Here is what my avatar looks like at the moment.




4 comments:

  1. Hey Jill,
    Your avatar's hair looks so much like your hair (except for the color). You certainly did a better job than me in editing the appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Jill! Your avatar looks great! It looks like you're well on your way to feeling comfortable in the avatar skin...
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jill,

    I am amazed aat where you already went and the what you explored. I do hope you will travel with me. I have spend some time inworld and have yet to discover Scooter and get a fancy new outfit. All that hanging ut alone inworld it extremley liberating and lonely at the same time.

    Congratulations on your awesome wardrobe and the table.
    Best, Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill,
    Great Blog. I am amazed at all that you have done. Other than meeting up with you the first night, and when the group meet up, I have done little more than wander a few hundred yards and make a box! Like you said, maybe not something that I should be proud of. I think we are friends online so I will look for you the next time I am "on-line."

    ReplyDelete