Saturday, May 28, 2016

Enjoying the Sites with a Friend (Jokaydia Grid)

Sloth Fratelli came to visit my inworld house today.  I enjoyed the opportunity to teach her a few of the things I'd discovered through my solo explorations.  Some of the students and instructors that I interacted with earlier in the week did a very good job of modeling ways to be helpful to people who are receptive to learning more.


Afterwards, we went to the Pixel Village, where we picked up some new threads, roller skates, and some animations for our avatars.

Our last foray was a quick jaunt to the Caribbeanna, where our avatars broke it down.  This activity was totally goofy, and probably lacks educational merit, but I appreciate the effort that it took someone to write the code used  to bring our avatars to life.  I am very interested in learning more about the nuts and bolts of creating code and scripts in this world, because there are a lot of interesting possibilities swirling in my educator brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment