Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cybernauts of Skowhegan (jokaydiaGRID)

Today, I visited the Cybernauts of Skowhegan in MASD 54, which I discovered is a world inhabited by high school students attending the Computer Art, Digital, and Photography and Multimedia Classes of Stowhegan High School in Maine.

My arrival in Skowhegan!
Arrival in Skowhegan, where I found beautiful art!
I’d set a timer for one hour, to keep myself from spending too much time wandering in jokaydiaGRID, but I was lucky enough to bump into one of the instructors while exploring the inside of an ornately decorated building.  Rose Skowhegan is standing to my left and the queen is perched inside of the hanging chair.

Meeting Rose Skowhegan and the Queen


As a result, I ended up getting sucked in for a couple of hours and meeting up with new people.  I also found a second Tardis!


As a result of my interactions with others, I learned a few tips!
  • You can signal friendly intentions using the chat feature, by sending the word “smile.”
Mangia artwork in Skowhegan

  • You can exchange objects, note cards, and photos with other people via the chat window. If you select the “gift” icon, you can drag items from your inventory; I received a photograph of my avatar (below) to document my visit to their land.
Snapshot of my avatar

  • If you get stuck between two worlds, your avatar may freeze up. To get free, click on the map icon and teleport to a place nearby.

Flying with Rose Skowhegan
My avatar got frozen in mid-flight.
  • You can share the contents of folders with others; I received a folder containing a wedding dress and veil, as well as several new hairstyles. 
SB 42 decked out in a wedding dress, with two other brides.
I wasn't expecting to spend time as "techno Barbie" bride clone when I woke up this morning!

  • When changing the hair of your avatar, it’s best to put on a “bald base“ before putting on an avatar wig, otherwise, your default hair will poke through the wig.  

  • Others may not view your avatar the same way that you are viewing it yourself. For example, if you have added a feature to your avatar without saving it as an outfit, your changes may not be reflected to others who are viewing you.
  • You can sit in the queen's chair when she isn't there!
SB 42 pretending to be queen.
This is my avatar pretending to be the queen.

I was informed that the students are typically inworld in the morning; Their “hair salon” will be open for business tomorrow morning (Thursday 26 May) for anyone looking for some contact with helpful people. If you are logged in to jokaydiaGRID, this link is supposed to be a direct teleport to the Cybernauts of Skowhegan, in the event that you want to check it out on your own| hop://74.63.215.2:8002/MASD%2054/176/136/27

No comments:

Post a Comment